Wednesday 13 October 2010

Christmas is coming fast (I've seen Christmas cards in the shops already!) but whats your favourite Christmas food?

Christmas is coming but what do you like or dislike about Christmas dinner?

My Christmas food hate is Brussels sprouts. I think this goes back to my school days when they were always over cooked & presented almost as a green/yellow mush. This resulted in something that tasted acrid & had the texture of mushy peas.
It's weird as I do like cabbage which I’m told tastes like Brussels sprouts.

In recent years retailers have been selling Brussels sprouts on the stem, this is way of charging a premium for what is actually easier to harvest and cheaper to process, they look nice though!

Brussels Sprout Fact: Brussels sprouts, as with broccoli and other brassicas, contains sulforaphane, a chemical believed to have potent anti-cancer properties. Although boiling reduces the level of the anti-cancer compounds, steaming,, microwaving,, and stir frying does not result in significant loss

Well thats my first ever blog posting I hope you enjoy it and will join in.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff my pet hate is carrot and swede but sprouts come a close second.

    James P

    ReplyDelete